ICO Health Group

Close this search box.
Patient Access

Registering with the Practice

Boundary map
Click to enlarge boundary map.

ICO Health Group offers NHS services to patients living within the catchment area. Please check with a Receptionist that you live within this area before you begin registration. You must live permanently within the area.

We do not require patients to present identification to complete registration with the practice but we reserve the right to request identification at any time.

If you are a parent or person with parental responsibility registering a child under 16 years of age, you will need to present identification to Reception, such as the Birth Certificate, to complete the Registration process.

Photographic identification, such as Passport or Drivers Licence, has to be presented to Reception to sign up for online access, which we strongly advise all patients to do.

Register online

Our online registration form collects your details, a brief outline of your medical history and preferences. This information may be added to your record and will allow us to begin to provide you with medical services.

Register at our GP practice

Who is entitled to free health care treatment from the NHS?

You are entitled to free necessary treatment from the NHS if you are either:

  • a full time student from any country on a course for more than 6 months
  • studying on a course of any duration which is substantially funded by the UK Government
  • from a country which is part of the European Union (EU) *
  • from a country which is not from the European Union (EU) that has a bilateral agreement
  • the husband or wife of any of the above and living here whilst your wife or husband is a student
  • a dependent of any of the above: A dependent is any child under 16 or under 19 if in full time education
  • More information and a list of countries with bilateral arrangements can be found at the Department of Health website. 

* If you are a student from another country in the European Union, here for less than 6 months, you will require a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) which must be obtained from your home country.

Will I need health care insurance?

If you are not covered by any of the above it is advisable to ensure you have adequate health care insurance as payment will be necessary if you receive any health care in this country.

The following services are free of charge for everyone:

Emergency treatment in any Accident and Emergency department

  • Emergency treatment in any NHS Walk-in Centre providing Accident and Emergency type services
  • Treatment for certain infectious diseases
  • Compulsory psychiatric treatment
  • Family planning services (sexual health)