ICO Health Group

Close this search box.
Patient Access


Local Urgent Care Centres

If you need medical advice when the surgery is closed contact NHS 111.

We would advise calling 111 before attending an Urgent Care Centre.

When our practice is closed you can still get support. You can get expert medical advice and useful information by calling NHS 111 or through 111 online.

The NHS 111 service is available 24 hours a day and can provide patient information, issue prescriptions to a pharmacy of your choice, book a GP appointment with SELDOC out of hours GP service, and, if necessary, refer people to emergency services.

Links to 111 and Local Urgent Care centres are below.

Please do not ask to see a doctor out of hours unless you genuinely cannot wait until the surgery re-opens.

Call 999 in an emergency If you have Chest pains and/or shortness of breath which constitutes an emergency.

Outwith the advertised opening times of the UCC you should go to your local A&E.  There are also dedicated areas to treat minor injuries within A&Es.

If you have a minor illness such as stomach upsets, coughs, running a high temperature then self-care, pharmacy or your GP is the answer.

If your injury happened a few days ago, or if it’s an old injury that has got worse again, please turn to your GP for advice.